- 1 What time will the Super Bowl be shown?
- 2 How late is Super Bowl halftime?
- 3 What was the longest halftime show?
- 4 Can I watch the Super Bowl for free?
What time will the Super Bowl be shown?
Super Bowl LVIII kicks off on CBS, Paramount+, and Nickelodeon at 6:30 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, February 11, 2024. The game will take place at Allegiant Stadium in Paradise, Nevada—home of the Las Vegas Raiders. Capping off the 2023 NFL season, Super Bowl LVIII promises an exciting matchup between the AFC and NFC champions.
How late is Super Bowl halftime?
How to Watch the Super Bowl Halftime Show – What time does the Super Bowl start? Super Bowl LVII will broadcast live on Fox and Fox Deportes on Sunday at 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT. And Rihanna’s not the only music act headed for the Super Bowl. Babyface will sing “America the Beautiful,” Sheryl Lee Ralph is slated to sing “Lift Every Voice and Sing” and Chris Stapleton will sing the national anthem.
- What time does the Super Bowl halftime show start? The halftime performance usually takes place about an hour-and-a-half into the game, which means that fans can expect to see Rihanna take the stage somewhere around 7:45-8 p.m. ET.
- If you already have access to Fox through cable, satellite, internet or an HD antenna, check your local listings for further information.
If you’re not subscribed to a streaming plan, there a few different, money-saving options out there like Fubov TV, DirectTV, Sling, Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV and NFL+ ( Express VPN allows you to stream from outside the U.S.). Looking for free trial? Fubo, Direct TV, YouTube and NFL + offer free trials for up to a week in most cases.
Who has won the most Super Bowls?
Game history – The Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots are tied with a record six Super Bowl wins. The Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers have five victories each, while the Packers and New York Giants have four. Fourteen other NFL franchises have won at least one Super Bowl.
- The Patriots own the record for most Super Bowl appearances (eleven).
- The Cowboys, Steelers, and Denver Broncos are tied for second with eight appearances apiece, reaching that milestone in this respective order.
- Bill Belichick owns the record for the most Super Bowl wins (eight) and appearances (twelve: nine times as head coach, once as assistant head coach, and twice as defensive coordinator) by an individual.
Tom Brady has the most Super Bowl starts (ten) and wins as a player (seven), while Charles Haley has the second-most wins among players (five). Eight teams have appeared in Super Bowl games without a win. The Minnesota Vikings were the first team to appear four times without a win, while the Buffalo Bills played in a record four consecutive Super Bowls, losing in each.
|Team||Wins||Losses||Win Percentage||Years Won|
|Boston / New England Patriots||6||5||.545||2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016, 2018|
|Pittsburgh Steelers||6||2||.750||1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008|
|Dallas Cowboys||5||3||.625||1971, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995|
|San Francisco 49ers||5||2||.714||1981, 1984, 1988, 1989, 1994|
|New York Giants||4||1||.800||1986, 1990, 2007, 2011|
|Green Bay Packers||4||1||.800||1966, 1967, 1996, 2010|
|Denver Broncos||3||5||.375||1997, 1998, 2015|
|Kansas City Chiefs||3||2||.600||1969, 2019, 2022|
|Washington Redskins / Football Team / Commanders||3||2||.600||1982, 1987, 1991|
|Oakland / Los Angeles / Las Vegas Raiders||3||2||.600||1976, 1980, 1983|
|St. Louis / Los Angeles Rams||2||3||.400||1999, 2021|
|Miami Dolphins||2||3||.400||1972, 1973|
|Baltimore / Indianapolis Colts||2||2||.500||1970, 2006|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||2||1.000||2002, 2020|
|Baltimore Ravens||2||1.000||2000, 2012|
|New Orleans Saints||1||1.000||2009|
|New York Jets||1||1.000||1968|
|Houston / Tennessee Oilers / Titans||1||.000||—|
|San Diego / Los Angeles Chargers||1||.000||—|
|St. Louis / Phoenix / Arizona Cardinals||1||.000||—|
What was the longest halftime show?
How Long Is the Super Bowl Halftime? – The Super Bowl halftime show itself is usually between 12-14 minutes long. Now, this is just the actual performance part of the halftime. The break in its entirety can take between 20-30 minutes, depending on how long the stage takes to set up.
- With every year’s spectacle growing in complexity, the stage tends to take longer and longer to put together.
- The break is significantly longer than during the regular season.
- That might seem insignificant for a casual fan, but the players and coaches actually prepare for a longer break.
- MORE: Best Super Bowl Halftime Shows of All Time Back in 2012, head coach Bill Belichick stopped practice and made his players go back to the locker room for 30 minutes to prepare for halftime at the Super Bowl, adding in a pep talk to complete the training.
“It really gets into a whole restarting mentality,” Belichick said, “It’s not like taking a break and coming out in the second half. It’s like starting the game all over again. It’s like playing a game, stopping, and then playing a second game.” Looking at some of the longer halftime show performances, Justin Timberlake went on for 14 minutes during his Super Bowl performance in 2018, Lady Gaga 13.5, and Jennifer Lopez and Shakira’s show was a bit longer than 13 minutes.
Do you get paid for Super Bowl halftime show?
How much did Rihanna get paid for the Super Bowl halftime show? took. The highly anticipated concert was the singer’s first performance in seven years. Her representatives later confirmed the pregnancy to Each year, the recruits some of the biggest names in music to put on a show-stopping performance.
From Beyoncé to Paul McCartney to Lady Gaga, the halftime show has attracted millions of viewers worldwide, which is why so many artists dream of the day they will be asked to put on their own 13-minute concert. But it’s not the big pay day that entices musicians to put on a, In fact, there is no pay day at all.
While it may come as a surprise to some, the truth is that Super Bowl halftime show performers don’t get paid for their concerts. Instead, the NFL pays for all expenses associated with putting on the halftime show, including travel costs. In a statement to The Independent, a representative for the NFL confirmed that the football league “covers all costs associated with the show and does pay the halftime performers’ union scale.” According to, union scale is “a fraction of the six- and seven-figure sums” the artists typically earn regularly.
However, putting on a halftime show can come at a hefty price. Production for the Super Bowl halftime show can cost up to $10m. In 2021, The Weeknd spent $7m of his own money to put on the show, as did Dr Dre the year before that. To put on Jennifer Lopez and Shakira’s 2020 halftime show, the NFL reportedly put down to cover the cost of staffers involved in the production, as well as the elaborate sets and audio equipment.
As for Rihanna’s halftime show performance, a league spokesperson confirmed to Forbes that Apple Music is also expected to foot the bill alongside the NFL. Although Rihanna won’t be receiving a paycheck for her concert, it seems the self-made mogul won’t need it, as she’s $1.7bn.
- Instead, the “Umbrella” singer may gain some alternative streams of revenue for her performance.
- Ahead of the big game, the Savage x Fenty founder released a, which included a T-shirt that read: “Rihanna concert interrupted by a football game, weird but whatever” and her take on a classic football jersey.
The collection, which is available on Savagex.com, ranges from $32.95 for a Fenty Super Bowl beanie to $112 for a “Property of Fenty” hoodie emblazoned with “Savage x Fenty LVII” on the back. The singer also dropped a second nine-piece capsule collection in collaboration with the NFL and sporting goods company Mitchell & Ness. Super Bowl LVII at the State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, and will see the Philadelphia Eagles take on the Kansas City Chiefs. At a for the halftime show on Thursday 9 February, Rihanna was asked about her forthcoming performance. The “Work” singer admitted that “The setlist was the biggest challenge,” she said.
- That was the hardest, hardest part, deciding how to maximise 13 minutes.
- That’s what this show is going to be, it’s going to be a celebration of my catalogue in the best way that we could have put it together.” “You only have 13 minutes, that’s the challenge, so you’re trying to cram 17 years of work into 13 minutes,” she explained.
“It’s difficult – some songs we’ve had to lose because of that and that’s going to be okay. But I think we did a pretty good job at narrowing it down.” : How much did Rihanna get paid for the Super Bowl halftime show?
Has halftime always been 12 minutes?
So how long is the halftime in the NFL anyway? For regular-season games, NFL halftime is 12 minutes. That’s actually down from the 15-minute intermission the league used prior to 1990. And during the Super Bowl, you can expect a 30-minute break for the halftime show.
What time is Super Bowl 2023 halftime show?
The halftime show is expected to air sometime between 8 and 8:15 p.m. EST on Sunday, February 12 (2/12/2023). The Super Bowl kicks off at 6:30 p.m. EST.
What time is Super Bowl halftime show GMT?
Who is performing at the Super Bowl halftime show? – Rihanna (yes, the Rihanna) will be making much-anticipated return to live music. It will be the Barbadian singer’s first performance in five years, so it’s kind of a big deal. Because the set lasts 12 minutes, RiRi is expected to bring on a guest or two.
- However, details are being kept closely under wraps.
- We do know that Jay Z, who signed Rihanna back when she was a teenager, is a partner in the production of the show through his company Roc Nation and is helping to organise the whole thing, so many are anticipating an ‘Umbrella’ reunion.
- There’s also speculation that the star could be joined by previous collaborators Eminem, Drake or Calvin Harris.
Before the game, Grammy Award-winning country singer Chris Stapleton will sing the US national anthem.
Can I watch the Super Bowl for free?
The Super Bowl is routinely the most watched television program of the year. Thanks to the magic of modern technology, you’re never out of reach to watch the game. Fox carries the broadcast this year, with the game also being offered for free online on FoxSports.com.