- 1 Is Dollar General outside the US?
- 2 Can I order ice at McDonald’s?
- 2.1 Does Warren Buffett own Dollar General?
- 3 How many Dollar Generals are in Alaska?
- 4 What state has the most dollar trees?
Is Dollar General outside the US?
|Logo since 2009|
|Dollar General corporate headquarters in Goodlettsville, Tennessee|
|Formerly||J.L. Turner and Son|
|Traded as||NYSE : DG S&P 500 Component|
|Founded||October 1939 ; 83 years ago (as J.L. Turner and Son) June 1955 ; 68 years ago (as Dollar General)|
|Founders||James Luther Turner Cal Turner|
|Headquarters||Goodlettsville, Tennessee, United States|
|Number of locations||18,774 stores (January 1, 2023)|
|Areas served||United States (except for Alaska, Hawaii and Montana ), Mexico|
|Key people||Michael M. Calbert ( Chairman ) Jeff Owen ( CEO ) John W. Garratt ( CFO )|
|Products||Clothing, cleaning supplies, home decor, health & beauty aids, pet supplies, toys, seasonal items, and grocery.|
|Revenue||US$ 34.220 Billion ( Fiscal Year Ended January 28, 2022 )|
|Operating income||US$ 3.220 Billion ( Fiscal Year Ended January 28, 2022 )|
|Net income||US$ 2.399 Billion ( Fiscal Year Ended January 28, 2022 )|
|Total assets||US$ 26.327 Billion ( Fiscal Year Ended January 28, 2022 )|
|Total equity||US$ 6.261 Billion ( Fiscal Year Ended January 28, 2022 )|
|Number of employees||158,000 (2022)|
|Divisions||Dollar General Market DGX Popshelf|
|Subsidiaries||Dolgencorp, LLC. Old East Main Co. Dollar General Financial Dollar General Global Sourcing Dollar General Literacy Foundation|
Dollar General Corporation is an American chain of variety stores headquartered in Goodlettsville, Tennessee, As of March 28, 2023, Dollar General operates 18,774 stores in the continental United States and Mexico, The company began in 1939 as a family-owned business called J.L.
What’s the cheapest pack of cigarettes?
12. Kent – Kent is a popular budget cigarette brand that is known for its smooth, mellow flavor. A pack of Kent cigarettes typically costs around $5.50, making them a slightly more expensive option than some other cheap cigarette brands. Despite their slightly higher price, Kent cigarettes are made with high-quality tobacco and have a rich, satisfying taste. Try Also – Best CBD Cigarettes
What is the price of a disposable vape?
Disposable vs. other vape types prices –
Most of these products come with an average price range of $25 to $40. On the other hand, some first-class, technically improved devices cost $80 to $150. It can be pretty expensive for a disposable vape lasting several days. However, things are more complex than they seem at first glance.
- Disposable vapes are cheaper than classic cigarettes and cost-effective for beginners who want to try different flavors.
- They can also help you quit smoking without bothering with cleaning and refilling.
- At the end of the day, the price you pay for this handy device depends on the brand, rate of e-juice consumption, nicotine content, and battery capacity.
The final amount of money you should spend on vaping also depends on how many puffs you need daily. Still, you can look for an alternative if you want to spend less money in the long run.
What company owns Dollar General?
Dollar General Shareholders to Receive $22 Per Share in Cash Transaction Valued at $7.3 Billion – GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn., Mar 12, 2007 (BUSINESS WIRE) – Dollar General Corp. (NYSE: DG) today announced that it has entered into an agreement to be acquired by affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.L.P.
R”) in a transaction with a total value of approximately $7.3 billion, including approximately $380 million of net debt. Under the terms of the agreement, Dollar General shareholders will receive $22 in cash for each share of Dollar General common stock they hold, representing a premium of approximately 31% over Dollar General’s closing share price of $16.78 on March 9, 2007, and a premium of approximately 29% over the average closing share price during the previous 30 trading days.
“We are very pleased to announce a transaction that provides excellent value for our shareholders, representing a significant premium and the certainty of cash,” said David A. Perdue, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Dollar General. “Our Board of Directors firmly believes that this is the right transaction for our shareholders, employees and customers.
- Going forward, employees will benefit from the continuity of a solid business plan and new investments in the future of the business.
- Our customers will continue to enjoy the convenience, value and great service that they’ve come to expect from Dollar General over our proud 68-year history.” Michael M.
Calbert, a Member of KKR, said, “Dollar General is an outstanding company with a strong market presence and a rich legacy. We have worked closely with many retail companies in driving success and unlocking value, and we look forward to partnering with the Dollar General team to position the company for future growth.” The merger is subject to the approval of Dollar General shareholders, customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals.
- The transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2007.
- The Board of Directors of Dollar General unanimously approved the merger agreement and has recommended that Dollar General shareholders vote in favor of the transaction.
- Debt financing for the transaction has been committed by Goldman Sachs and Lehman Brothers, subject to customary terms and conditions.
Lazard and Lehman Brothers are financial advisors to Dollar General and Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz is its legal counsel. Goldman Sachs is acting as financial advisor to KKR. Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP is acting as legal advisor to KKR. About Dollar General Dollar General is a Fortune 500(R) discount retailer with 8,260 neighborhood stores as of March 2, 2007.
Dollar General stores offer convenience and value to customers by offering consumable basic items that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids and cleaning supplies, as well as a selection of basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices.
The Company store support center is located in Goodlettsville, Tennessee. Dollar General’s Web site can be reached at www.dollargeneral.com, About KKR Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR) is one of the world’s oldest and most experienced private equity firms specializing in management buyouts.
Founded in 1976, it has offices in New York, Menlo Park, London, Paris, Hong Kong and Tokyo. Throughout its history, KKR has brought a long-term investment approach to its portfolio companies, focusing on working in partnership with management teams and investing for future competitiveness and growth.
Over the past 30 years, KKR has invested in 14 transactions in the retail sector in North America and Europe, representing $25.5 billion of aggregate value and covering a broad range of channels including supermarkets, consumer drugstores, and specialty retail.
- In total, since its founding, KKR has completed approximately 150 transactions with an aggregate value of nearly US $280 billion.
- Www.kkr.com ).
- Forward-Looking Statements Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made.
- We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, including prior forward-looking statements, to reflect the events or circumstances arising after the date as of which they were made.
As a result of these risks and uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements included herein or that may be made elsewhere from time to time by, or on behalf of, us. This press release includes “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that reflect our current views as to future events and financial performance with respect to our operations.
These statements can be identified by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historical or current facts. They use words such as “aim,” “anticipate,” “are confident,” “estimate,” “expect,” “will be,” “will continue,” “will likely result,” “project,” “intend,” “plan,” “believe,” “look to” and other words and terms of similar meaning in conjunction with a discussion of future operating or financial performance.
These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. These factors include, but are not limited to, (1) the occurrence of any event, change or other circumstances that could give rise to the termination of the merger agreement; (2) the outcome of any legal proceedings that have been or may be instituted against Dollar General and others following announcement of the proposal or the merger agreement; (3) the inability to complete the merger due to the failure to obtain shareholder approval or the failure to satisfy other conditions to the completion of the merger, including the expiration of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 and the receipt of other required regulatory approvals; (4) the failure to obtain the necessary debt financing arrangements set forth in commitment letters received in connection with the merger; (5) risks that the proposed transaction disrupts current plans and operations and the potential difficulties in employee retention as a result of the merger; (6) the ability to recognize the benefits of the merger; (7) the amount of the costs, fees, expenses and charges related to the merger and the actual terms of certain financings that will be obtained for the merger; and (8) the impact of the substantial indebtedness incurred to finance the consummation of the merger; and other risks that are set forth in the “Risk Factors,” “Legal Proceedings” and “Management Discussion and Analysis of Results of Operations and Financial Condition” sections of, and elsewhere, in Dollar General’s SEC filings, copies of which may be obtained by contacting Dollar General’s investor relations department via its website www.dollargeneral.com,
- Many of the factors that will determine the outcome of the subject matter of this press release are beyond Dollar General’s ability to control or predict.
- Important Additional Information and Where to Find It In connection with the proposed merger, Dollar General will file a proxy statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”).
INVESTORS AND SECURITY HOLDERS ARE ADVISED TO READ THE PROXY STATEMENT WHEN IT BECOMES AVAILABLE BECAUSE IT WILL CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE MERGER AND THE PARTIES TO THE MERGER. Investors and security holders may obtain a free copy of the proxy statement (when available) and other documents filed by Dollar General at the SEC website at http://www.sec.gov,
- The proxy statement and other documents also may be obtained for free from Dollar General by directing such request to Dollar General Corporation, Investor Relations, 100 Mission Ridge, Goodlettsville, Tennessee, telephone (615) 855-4000.
- Participants in the Solicitation Dollar General and its directors, executive officers and other members of its management and employees may be deemed participants in the solicitation of proxies from its shareholders in connection with the proposed merger.
Information concerning the interests of Dollar General’s participants in the solicitation, which may be different than those of Dollar General shareholders generally, is set forth in Dollar General’s proxy statements and Annual Reports on Form 10-K, previously filed with the SEC, and will be set forth in the proxy statement relating to the merger when it becomes available.
What is the Dollar General controversy?
– Source: CNN Business ” data-fave-thumbnails=”, “small”: }” data-vr-video=”” data-show-html=”” data-byline-html=”” data-check-event-based-preview=”” data-network-id=”” data-details=””> Dollar General’s business is booming. It’s also vulnerable to crime, police say New York CNN — Dollar General is the fastest-growing retailer in America, opening about 1,000 stores a year. But following repeated violent incidents and federal workplace safety violations at stores, some Dollar General workers and labor advocates are calling for stronger safety and health protections. Workers and their allies are rallying Wednesday outside Dollar General’s headquarters in Goodlettsville, Tennessee, ahead of the company’s annual shareholder meeting to protest conditions. They say the company is failing to take basic precautions to prevent violence in its stores. Since 2014, there have been 49 people killed and 172 people injured at Dollar General stores, according to data from non-profit group Gun Violence Archive, A CNN investigation in 2020 found that at least six store employees died during armed robberies from 2016 to 2020. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has cited unsafe conditions at dozens of Dollar General stores in recent years. Since 2017, the federal agency has proposed more than $21 million in fines against Dollar General. Inspectors commonly found aisles, emergency exits, fire extinguishers and electrical panels blocked by merchandise and boxes stacked unsafely, according to the agency, Dollar General’s position in poor communities, especially in the South where gun laws and worker protections are lax, contribute to this violent trend, former company executives, store employees, law enforcement officials and retail security experts have previously told CNN. In October, Dollar General was added to OSHA’s “Severe Violator Enforcement Program.” The program devotes agency resources to employers cited for “willful, repeated or failure-to-abate violations and for showing indifference” to provide a safe and healthy workplace. Violence is not unique to Dollar General. Retail stores are the second most common location for mass shootings (after the workplace), according to the Violence Project, non-profit group, But workers say the company should be doing more to protect their safety and that businesses practices such as understaffed stores are making them unsafe. Dollar General employees and advocacy group Step Up Louisiana are calling for the company to create a new staff position to promote safety in stores; allocate more hours and employees to stores so that no worker is ever alone inside; provide paid time off and compensation for mental health resources after violent or dangerous incidents in stores; and give workers more input into safety policies. “Dollar General continues to expose its employees to unsafe conditions at its stores across the nation,” Assistant Secretary for Occupational Safety and Health Doug Parker said in a statement this month, The company must make “corporate-wide changes to protect the safety and well-being of the people they employ,” he said. Domini Impact Investments, an activist investment firm, has also introduced a shareholder resolution calling for an independent auditor to evaluate Dollar General’s workplace safety policies. The auditor should examine staffing levels at stores and consult with workers to design solutions, Domini says. Dollar General’s board of directors has called on shareholders to reject the proposal, calling it unnecessary. The company says it performs hundreds of safety checks and audits occur each day across its stores and engages employees on their feedback and concerns. Dollar General did not respond to request for comment from CNN on its worker safety demands. The rally and shareholder resolution reflect a growing push to call attention to workplace conditions at Dollar General. The company has roughly 19,000 stores nationwide, mainly in rural areas, and its workforce has grown to about 160,000 people. Around 92% of Dollar General’s hourly workers make less than $15 per hour, according to data from the Economic Policy Institute and the Shift Project. Workers are also protesting over safety conditions in Dollar Tree stores. That company, which also owns the Family Dollar chain, has been cited for more than 300 federal and state OSHA workplace safety violations since 2017. “The company’s repeated and continued disregard for human safety suggests the company thinks profits matter more than people,” OSHA Regional Administrator Kurt Petermeyer in Atlanta said in February, Dollar Tree did not respond to comment on OSHA violations. Dollar Tree is facing a shareholder resolution around worker pay at its annual meeting next month. Dollar Tree employs more than 200,000 people. It reports median worker pay as $13,490, below the federal poverty line. The proposal, brought by activist investment firm United Church Funds, called on the company to publish a report on whether Dollar Tree has compensation and workforce practices that prioritize the company’s bottom line over the economic and social costs of income inequality. The company’s board said it offers competitive pay and benefits for employees, and has increased compensation for workers over the past two years. The board called on shareholders to reject the proposal.
Did McDonald’s sell ice?
Marsbars/Getty Images Sometimes, bagged ice is essential, especially in the summer. Grocery stores and gas stations are the usual places to go if you want to grab a bag for your cookout or camping trip, but there’s an unlikely place to get your ice fix that you may not have considered: McDonald’s.
It’s not common knowledge, but McDonald’s sells bags of ice in stores — and at a reasonable price. You can usually find them for between $0.99 and $1.50 per bag, with prices varying depending on region. These are 8-pound bags, which works out to between $0.12 and $0.19 cents per pound. Compare that to 7-Eleven, where you can get a 10-pound bag for $2.50; you’ll be paying $0.25 cents per pound, which is a big difference.
Though pricing will always depend on location and various other factors, it’s clear that McDonald’s ice is a steal, and it’s convenient, too. All you have to do is ask at the cash register or drive-thru.
Can I order ice at McDonald’s?
How You Can Get Ice at McDonald’s – It may sound like an odd thing to order alongside your Big Mac and fries, but ice is actually a purchasable item on the McDonald’s menu. When you’ve got a big get-together coming up, you might need some fresh ice to cushion your beverages.
- Running to a busy grocery store or gas station can be a pain sometimes, though.
- McDonald’s offers cubed ice (sorry, crushed ice fans) for between $0.99 and $1.50 per bag.
- And honestly? That’s a total steal! Not all McDonald’s will have this amazing price point, though, so keep that in mind if you go to order.
You can either go into the restaurant and order the ice at the register, or you can even get it from the comfort of your car in the drive-thru! You may need to ask for a manager if the employee is unsure of the process. Then, when you’re home, use this trick to keep the ice from sticking together,
What can I get in Dollar General?
Merchandise Dollar General stores offer convenience and value to customers by providing a focused selection of national name brands and private brands of food, housewares, seasonal items, cleaning supplies, basic apparel and health/beauty products. Dollar General sells products from America’s most-trusted brands such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg’s, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Dollar General offers quality, first-run products that are sourced directly from some of the most trusted manufacturers in America. Dollar General stands behind all of its merchandise and guarantees our customers will be satisfied with their purchases or their money will be refunded.
What is the oldest $100 dollar?
America’s First $100 Bill The 1914 Federal Reserve Note was the first $100 note ever issued by the United States federal government. One hundred dollars is still a lot of money today, but back in 1914 when these notes were first issued it could represent several months’ worth of wages!
Is Dollar General owned by China?
Is Dollar General Owned by Walmart or China? > > Dollar General is among the leading discount retailers in the U.S. Who owns Dollar General? Is it Walmart or China as many speculate? By Mar.23 2022, Published 3:33 p.m. ET Dollar General is among the leading discount retailers in the U.S. and has over 17,000 stores spread across 47 states. Who owns ? Is it Walmart or China as many speculate? Article continues below advertisement Article continues below advertisement Dollar General was founded in 1939 with a mission of “serving others.” The company’s business model revolves around setting up small neighborhood stores which carry fast-moving inventory.
The company does not carry a humongous amount of inventory like large chains like and Walmart but limits it to those products that consumers want the most. Walmart does not own Dollar General. The company hasn’t owned Dollar General in the past, and in all probability will not own it in the future as well.
That said, Walmart does own a flurry of other companies. The most prominent ones are Sam’s Club in the U.S.,, and Massmart in Africa. Article continues below advertisement Notably, as part of its business strategy, Walmart has been trimming stakes in some of its international businesses. For instance, it has sold the majority stake in British supermarket chain Asda and Japanese supermarket chain Seiyu. It has also discontinued Jet, for which it had paid $3 billion in 2016.
- Article continues below advertisement Article continues below advertisement Dollar General is not owned by China.
- However, the company buys a large portion of its merchandise from China.
- Its competitor also buys a large portion of its goods from China.
- That’s not surprising, as China is the largest supplier of low-cost goods that companies like Dollar General sell.
#GEORGIA ! ” #DAVIDPERDUE built his career as an unapologetic, free-trading OUTSOURCER. As a top exec at Reebok, Sara Lee & Dollar General he was deeply involved in the shift of manufacturing, & jobs, to low-wage factories in China & other Asian countries.” REMEMBER JAN 5! — bettemidler (@BetteMidler) January 2, 2021 Article continues below advertisement Dollar General started as a family-owned business.
- It subsequently went public in 1968.
- The company continued to expand rapidly after the IPO and its sales and profitability increased gradually.
- Article continues below advertisement In 2007, private equity giant KKR acquired Dollar General for $22 per share, which was a 31 percent premium over then closing prices.
The deal was valued at $6.9 billion and KKR also assumed $380 million debt of Dollar General. Goldman Sachs affiliates and Citigroup also participated in the acquisition, though KKR held most of the stake. Article continues below advertisement In 2009, KKR took Dollar General public again. The company kept the price range between $21-$23 but had to eventually price the shares at $21, which was at the low end of the price range. Article continues below advertisement Article continues below advertisement KKR offered 11.4 million shares in the IPO and held 89.5 percent of the company after the IPO.
- In 2013, both Goldman Sachs and KKR fully exited Dollar General.
- The deal was made at roughly three times the price at which Dollar General went public in 2009.
- Since Dollar General is a, it is owned by the stockholders.T.
- Rowe Price is the largest investor in Dollar General and owns around an 8.1 percent stake.
The Vanguard Group is a close second and owns around 7.9 percent of Dollar General. Article continues below advertisement Article continues below advertisement Capital World Investors, BlackRock, and State Street Global Advisors are the other top three investors in that order and own 6.8 percent, 4.8 percent, and 4.4 percent stakes, respectively, in Dollar General. Overall, institutions own almost the entire stake in Dollar General.
- According to the data compiled by, Dollar General’s institutional stock ownership is 55.4 percent while institutional mutual fund ownership is 39.5 percent.
- Mutual funds own another 4.5 percent while insiders hold 0.3 percent.
- The retail ownership in Dollar General is only 1.3 percent, which is much lower than the average retail holding in U.S.
stocks. Latest Investments & Deals News and Updates : Is Dollar General Owned by Walmart or China?
What is the full name of the Dollar General?
Dollar General Corporation (DG) Company Profile & Facts – Yahoo Finance Dollar General Corporation, a discount retailer, provides various merchandise products in the southern, southwestern, midwestern, and eastern United States. It offers consumable products, including paper and cleaning products, such as paper towels, bath tissues, paper dinnerware, trash and storage bags, disinfectants, and laundry products; packaged food comprising cereals, pasta, canned soups, fruits and vegetables, condiments, spices, sugar, and flour; and perishables that include milk, eggs, bread, refrigerated and frozen food, beer, and wine.
The company’s consumable products also comprise snacks, such as candies, cookies, crackers, salty snacks, and carbonated beverages; health and beauty products, including over-the-counter medicines and personal care products, such as soaps, body washes, shampoos, cosmetics, and dental hygiene and foot care products; pet supplies and pet food; and tobacco products.
In addition, it offers seasonal products comprising holiday items, toys, batteries, small electronics, greeting cards, stationery, prepaid phones and accessories, gardening supplies, hardware, and automotive and home office supplies; and home products that include kitchen supplies, cookware, small appliances, light bulbs, storage containers, frames, candles, craft supplies and kitchen, and bed and bath soft goods.
Further, the company provides apparel, which comprise casual everyday apparel for infants, toddlers, girls, boys, women, and men, as well as socks, underwear, disposable diapers, shoes, and accessories. The company was formerly known as J.L. Turner & Son, Inc. and changed its name to Dollar General Corporation in 1968.
Dollar General Corporation was founded in 1939 and is based in Goodlettsville, Tennessee. : Dollar General Corporation (DG) Company Profile & Facts – Yahoo Finance
Who is bigger Walmart or Dollar General?
At first glance, Dollar General ( DG 0.98% ) and Walmart ( WMT 0.26% ) look like they’re cut from the same basic cloth. Walmart operates fewer but bigger stores, while Dollar General manages more but smaller stores. Walmart’s selection is more varied due to its sheer size.
Is Dollar General more successful than Walmart?
Dollar General’s brand is ranked #335 in the list of Global Top 1000 Brands, as rated by customers of Dollar General. Their current market cap is $48.43B. Walmart’s brand is ranked #104 in the list of Global Top 1000 Brands, as rated by customers of Walmart. Their current market cap is $382.64B.
Does Warren Buffett own Dollar General?
Berkshire Hathaway ‘s Dollar General Stake – Warren Buffett started to build up the position in Dollar General in Q2 2011 and continued to invest until Q3 2011. Since then they sold 4.5 Million shares. The investor completely sold their stake between Q1 2012 and Q3 2012. Avg closing price Price range
What state has the second most dollar generals?
Number of Dollar General stores in the United States as of 2022, by state
|Characteristic||Number of stores|
Where is the largest Dollar General store in the United States?
SCORES of aisles with household goods, fresh produce, and toys as well as arts and crafts are all found in Dollar General’s largest US store. Located in Knoxville, Tennessee, the shop spans 39,000 square feet – the equivalent of more than eight standard NBA basketball courts. 6 Dollar General sells everything from fresh produce to canned goods and cleaning items Credit: Dollar General 6 The largest store also has shelves packed to the brim with cleaning products Credit: Dollar General As inflation pushes more shoppers to find cheaper food, The Sun took a look inside the biggest dollar store of them all. Dollar General is the largest dollar-store chain in the US with 18,000 branches, followed by Dollar Tree with around 16,000 shops.
How many Dollar Generals are in Alaska?
( Only Hawaii and Alaska don’t have a single store.) According to the site, there are two Dollar General stores in the works in the Treasure State.
What state has the most dollar trees?
How many Dollar Tree stores are there in the United States? – There are 7,955 Dollar Tree stores in the United States as of August 29, 2023. The state with the most number of Dollar Tree locations in the US is Texas, with 674 stores, which is about 8% of all Dollar Tree stores in the US.