- 1 What does WYO mean in text?
- 2 What does Ong mean Snapchat?
- 3 What does URW mean on Snapchat?
- 4 What does Ayo mean?
- 5 What does NFS mean?
- 6 What does vgl mean on Snapchat?
- 7 What does GJ mean on Snapchat?
- 8 What does wyoa mean in texting?
What does WYO mean in text?
WYO is a texting slang that stands for ‘ what you on? ‘ According to Urban Dictionary, this term is used to ask someone if they have plans and if they would like to do an activity or hang out.
What does wyo mean in text snapchat?
What does WYO mean on Snapchat? Published: 2023-05-30T09:01:19 ❘ Updated: 2023-05-30T09:01:26 WYO is a commonly used term, not just on Snapchat, but on various other social media platforms. If you’re out of the loop, here’s everything you need to know about what it means.
WYO is one that is used frequently on Snapchat, but if you don’t know what it means, you might have found yourself confused if someone said it to you in a direct message.Here’s everything to know about what it means.
Snapchat Snapchat is still a hugely popular social media platform. On Snapchat and other platforms, WYO often stands for ‘What You On?’ This phrase is used to ask somebody whether they have any plans that day, or for a certain time. Somebody might use this phrase when they want to hang out with someone, and are trying to see whether they’re free.
- Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Article continues after ad ‘WYO’ or ‘What You On’ is often used in a similar way to ‘What you up to?’ or ‘What are you up to?’ which could help clarify the meaning.
- What You On’ could also be used to ask what someone’s intentions are, so there are multiple contexts in which the term can be used.
If you want to learn more about how to use Snapchat, you can check out some of our other guides here:
What do you reply to Wyo?
What Does WYO Mean in Text & Social Media? Uses & More How to check in with your friends using the WYO abbreviation Feeling stumped after someone texted you the acronym WYO? We’re here to answer all your questions. “WYO” is a popular slang term used in texts and on Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- WYO means “What you on?” Use the abbreviation when you want to ask people if they’re free and make plans to hang out with them.
- Alternatively, use WYO to catch up with a friend and ask them what’s going on in their life or flirt with a date (or someone you’re crushing on).
- WYO is synonymous with other acronyms like WYD, which means “What you doing?” They’re both used for arranging activities and getting together with friends.
- WYO stands for “What you on?” over text and social media. Most often, “What you on” can be used interchangeably with phrases like, “What are you up to?” “How’s it going?” or “Are you busy?” WYO is essentially another way to ask someone what they’re doing and find out if they want to make plans or do an activity with you. You might see someone send this phrase when they want to hang out or simply catch up with you.
- “WYO? Let’s hang out later! 🙏”
- “Wyo I’m soooo bored!! 😩”
- WYO first became a popular online acronym in 2015 and officially became a slang term when it was added to the Urban Dictionary website in 2017.
- “What are you on?” is a similar phrase to WYO but has a very different meaning; it’s used to tell someone they’re behaving erratically (and implies that drugs are the cause).
- 1 Ask someone to hang out using WYO. Want to meet up with a friend? Send them WYO to find out when they’re free and if they want to spend some time with you. If you have a specific activity in mind, include that in your message as well. Just remember not to use this acronym for professional meet-ups—it’s strictly casual internet slang!
- “Hey friend, WYO? I miss hanging out with you!”
- “WYO? Wanna hit up the mall with me later? 🛍️”
- 2 Catch up with your friends using WYO. This acronym can also be used to connect with someone without necessarily trying to make concrete plans with them. If you want to know how your friend’s day is going or get updated on their life if you haven’t chatted much recently, send them a message with WYO to let them know you’re curious about what they’ve been up to.
- “WYO? I haven’t heard from you in a bit!”
- “Hey, just checking in!! WYO? 😊”
- 3 Get flirty with a crush or date by sending them WYO. When you’re texting someone you’re interested in, WYO can have a flirty implication. Use it to tell someone you like that they’ve been on your mind—or, alternatively, show your date you’d like to spend some one-on-one time getting cozy with them. To make your intentions clear, add a flirty emoji or two to your message!
- “Hey cutie, WYO? I wanna see you again soon! 😘”
- “WYO? Can’t stop thinking about you today 😍”
- 1 Agree on a time and place to meet when someone wants to make plans. If you’re interested in hanging out with a friend, family member, or significant other who texts you WYO, tell them that! Let them know you’re eager to spend some time together and make a plan for when you’re going to meet up. If they suggested an activity, you could also either agree to it or suggest one of your own instead.
- Them: “WYO? Let’s grab coffee today! ☕️”
- You: “Sounds great! Wanna take a walk around the park after?”
- 2 Catch up with a friend when they ask what’s up using WYO. Someone might send you WYO because they want to know what’s new in your life—so if you want to share that information, go for it! Take the opportunity to chat about anything new and interesting happening on your end—and be sure to ask them about themselves, too, so you can both get caught up with one another.
- Them: “WYO? How’s your week going?? 😄”
- You: “Not too bad. Got a concert tomorrow that I’m pretty excited about! 🎉”
- Them: “Ooh, nice!”
- You: “What about you, WYO?”
- 3 Reciprocate when someone flirts with you using WYO. If you like the person who starts flirting with you via text (or you’re already dating them and want to express your affection), shoot back a flirty message of your own. Then, if they want to hang out, agree to meet up and make solid plans with them. Of course, if you’re not interested in them, you can just tell them so.
- Them: “WYO, gorgeous? 💋 Let’s hang out tomorrow!”
- You: “I’m free tomorrow! It’s just gonna be you and me, though, right? 👀”
- Them: “Absolutely!!”
- You: “Perfect 😘”
- WYD WYD means “What you doing?” Even though the two acronyms look and sound different, they have the same overall meaning. WYD is another way to ask someone what they’re up to, catch up with them, or make plans with them. So, when you want to ask someone if they’re free, you could use either WYD or WYO to do it.
- “WYD? Let’s meet up after school! 😊”
- “WYD? I need some time with my bestie today 🥺”
- 1 Wyoming Wyoming is one of the 50 United States. Although the official abbreviation for postal purposes is “WY,” some people also abbreviate it “Wyo” when they mention the state casually. You might see someone from Wyoming (or just familiar with the state) shorten it to WYO via text or on social media, for example.
- You: “So, where are you from?”
- Them: “I grew up in Wyo!”
- 2 World Youth Orchestra The World Youth Orchestra, sometimes shortened to WYO, is an organization dedicated to bringing young musicians across several continents together. Musicians from various colleges, universities, and conservatories are able to audition for the World Youth Orchestra and, if admitted, play in a multinational orchestra with other talented youths.
- “Auditions for the WYO are coming up. Interested?”
- “How cool would it be to play for the WYO?”
Ask a Question Advertisement This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer,, Glenn Carreau is a wikiHow Staff Writer, currently based in Los Angeles. With over four years of experience writing for several online publications, she has covered topics ranging from world history to the entertainment industry.
- Co-authors: 3
- Updated: August 23, 2023
- Views: 859
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 859 times. : What Does WYO Mean in Text & Social Media? Uses & More
What does Ong mean Snapchat?
ONG meaning on Snapchat – Snapchat On Snapchat, ONG stands for ‘ On God,’ The term is often used to express honesty or sincerity in a statement, emphasizing that what is being said is the truth. Article continues after ad It is similar to ‘,’ which stands for ‘I Swear To God,’ and is used informally to convey a sense of seriousness.
- For example, if someone says “I will be at the party tonight ONG,” it means they are genuinely committed to attending the party and will not back out.
- Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Snapchatters also use this phrase as an expression of strong agreement.
For example, if someone says “the test was hard,” and you agree with their opinion, you might simply respond with “ONG.”
What does wyoa mean in texting?
Wyoa means what you on about Btw.
What does URW mean on Snapchat?
Summary of Key Points – “You Are Welcome” is the most common definition for URW on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||You Are Welcome|
|Guessability:||2: Quite easy to guess|
|Typical Users:||Adults and Teenagers|
What does Ayo mean?
Interjection. ayo. (slang) A greeting. (slang) Used to imply that what was said is inappropriate. Similar to hold up.
What does wyo mean reddit?
Clee290 8 yr. ago. Yes, it means ‘ what you on right now ‘.
What does NFS mean?
What Does NFS Mean in Texts? Definitions and Uses Everything you need to know about the NFS acronym (& how to use it) As you’re joking around in the group chat, one of your friends texts back “NFS.” If you’re not sure what this slang term means, their response might seem a little confusing.
- NFS stands for “No funny sh*t” in texts or online. People use it when they’re serious about something or to make it clear that they’re not joking.
- On social media, NFS can also mean “Not for sale.” When a seller is posting something that’s unavailable, they’ll add NFS to the product’s description.
- NFS is sometimes short for “New friends.” People use it on social media when they’re looking for a new friend or posting about one they made.
- 1 NFS means “No funny sh*t” in texts or on apps like Snapchat and TikTok. When someone messages you “NFS,” they want you to know that they’re serious and not joking around. If you’re having a more lighthearted conversation with a friend, they might send “NFS” in their text to let you know they’re making a serious point and want you to really pay attention to what they’re saying.
- “NFS I need a vacation or else I’ll explode. 🤯”
- “hey nfs I can’t text right now. 😑”
- NFS and NSFW might look similar, but NSFW means “Not safe for work.” It’s a warning that a text, image, video, or article is inappropriate for the workplace, so don’t look at it with coworkers around.
- 2 NFS also commonly stands for “Not for sale” when used online. You’ll usually see this definition of NFS when you’re shopping on social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, and Discord. An online seller might post an item that’s not available yet, so in the listing description, they’ll say it’s not for sale. If you’re reaching out to someone about an item directly, they might message you back that it isn’t available to purchase.
- “The red purse pictured in this listing is NFS.”
- “Hey, the drum set is NFS. Sorry!”
- 3 NFS is sometimes short for “New friends” when texting or on social media. Sometimes, NFS means someone is looking for new friends. They might post on TikTok, Twitter, or Facebook that they want, or even need, new friends. If you have a friend who just moved, they might text you that they’re on the lookout for new friends, too.
- “Anyone want to hang out? I’m looking for nfs. 😊”
- “I need nfs here so bad. 😔”
- 4 On Instagram, NFS stands for “No Filter Sunday.” When someone captions an Instagram story or post with NFS or #nfs, they’re telling the world that they didn’t put a beauty filter on their pictures. People typically make these posts on Sundays to remind their friends and followers that they don’t need digital enhancements to look or feel beautiful.
- “Looking and feeling my best today ✨ #nfs”
- “It’s NFS, who’s with me?? 🙋♀️🙋♂️”
- NFS can also stand for “No Filter Squad” or “No Filter Story.” These are used the same way as “No Filter Sunday.”
- 5 NFS can also mean “Not For Sure” in texts or on social media. If someone sends you “NFS,” they’re telling you that they aren’t completely certain about something. You might ask if a friend is still planning on coming over to your house, but since they have homework to do, they don’t know if they can.
- “NFS yet, I’ve got some stuff to do so I’ll let you know. 👍”
- “I’m NFS she’s still coming. 😞 Want to reschedule?”
- 1 Send NFS when you want your message to be taken seriously. Sometimes when you’re texting a friend, you want to emphasize your point or make it really clear that you’re not joking around. Messaging “NFS” is especially great if your previous convo was light-hearted or teasing, or if you’re not usually very serious.
- “nfs but if we don’t get food soon, I’m going to get hangry. 😠”
- “But nfs, I’m really glad we hung out. I’ve never met someone like you. ”
- “NFS please stop texting me. 🤬”
- 2 Add NFS when making a product listing for something that’s not available. Whether you’re selling used items or your own products on Facebook or Instagram, you might have pictures of products that aren’t currently for sale. Or, your pictures might include items you’re not selling that people are interested in. Just make it clear what products aren’t available to buy in your post, in the listing description, or in the comments.
- “The soap is just an example and NFS. New products are coming soon! 😊”
- “FYI, the mirror in this listing is NFS.”
- “Please no inquiries about the boots. They are NFS.”
- 3 Put NFS in your post if you’re looking for new friends, or showing them off. Maybe you moved or just want to extend your friendship circle. Either way, adding NFS to a post on Snapchat or TikTok is an open invitation for people to reach out and get to know you. If you recently made new friends, let everyone know on social media with a caption or hashtag raving about them.
- “I want nfs. Anyone want to hang? 🤗”
- “I just moved and need nfs. 😪”
- “Finally hanging with my nfs 🥰”
- 4 Use NFS when you post a filterless picture on Instagram. Flaunt your authentic, honest self on social media to show your friends and followers that you love who you are (and that they should too!) Whether you post a picture of yourself on your Instagram grid or your stories, simply add “NFS” or the hashtag #nfs.
- “Felt cute today for NFS! 😍”
- “Who needs a filter when I look this good?? 💅 #NFS”
- “I’m not perfect, but I don’t have to be 🌸💖🦄 #nfs”
- 5 Text NFS when you’re unsure or undecided about something. Sometimes, you don’t have all the answers, so these 3 letters convey just that for you. Maybe your friend is curious about how many people are coming to your party, or a classmate is wondering when you’ll have your part of the group project done. Just tell people when you might know, if you can!
- “I’m NFS, but I think the last headcount was 30? The party will be so fun!! 🥳”
- “hey, nfs yet. I’ve got some other homework to do then I’ll tackle it 🤓”
- “It’s NFS, so fingers crossed I get the job! 🤞”
- 1 Network file system If you work with computers and store data, you might come across this meaning of NFS. A network file system is a digital folder hosted on a single network where all the people on the network store and share files. While you might see this definition online, it’s less common in texts and on social media.
- “I added that file you wanted to the NFS. Do you see it?”
- “Can someone please share the NFS with me?”
- 2 Need for Speed In the video game community, NFS might refer to the racing game series Need for Speed, You might see someone post about playing it with the hashtag #nfs, or a friend might message you to ask if you want to play it with them.
- “Does anyone know how to beat this race? I’m so stuck 😩 #nfs”
- “Wanna come over and play NFS? I’ll even let you drive the McLaren 🏎”
- 3 Not further specified Not further specified is a common coding acronym used in dietary and medical research. A researcher might gather data about people’s experiences with a recent food recall. When they call someone, the respondent might not have any other information to provide besides the food they ate. So, the researcher codes their response as “Not further specified.”
Ask a Question Advertisement This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer,, Devin McSween is a wikiHow Staff Writer. With a background in psychology, she has presented her research in social psychology at a variety of conferences and has contributed to several manuscripts for publication.
- Co-authors: 3
- Updated: September 10, 2023
- Views: 29,714
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 29,714 times. : What Does NFS Mean in Texts? Definitions and Uses
Why do kids say on God?
‘on god’ is a phrase used by young people as a way to say they are telling the truth. It likely originates from the phrase ‘I swear on god’. You may hear the phrase with the word god substituted with other things such as ‘on my mom’ or ‘on my life’.
What does WSP mean?
WSP Meaning – The most common WSP definition is “what’s up,” and it’s used in texting and social media. “What’s up?” is an informal way to ask how someone is and what they’re doing. Typically, the appropriate response is “nothing much” or “not much,” which can both be abbreviated to NM.
- You might think it makes more sense to abbreviate “what’s up” as WU, by using the initial letters of the word.
- So, why is WSP the abbreviation? When it’s said informally, the words “what’s up” can run together and sound like “wassup.” In 1999, Budweiser Beer ran a commercial in the United States with people repeatedly saying, “wassup.” The ad ran for three years and went viral in the early stages of the internet.
“Wassup” became a slang term in its own right. The abbreviation WSP is a shortened form of this old meme.
What does vgl mean on Snapchat?
VGL is an acronym that stands for very good looking.
What does GJ mean on Snapchat?
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean? Snapchat — but the code of the little faces can be tough to work out. The little faces after your friend’s names each indicate how often you’re talking to them, and how often they’re talking to other people. To help you navigate through the complex code of animated yellow faces, here’s a quick guide to what each of them means.
- The all-important six smiley faces.
- Image: Emojipedia Yellow heart : This will appear after the name of your number one best friend, the person who you send the most snaps to who also sends their highest number of snaps to you.
- Grimacing face (has its teeth out): Indicates that your number one best friend is also their number one best friend.
Face with sunglasses (AKA “cool emoji”): One of your best friends is one of their best friends. This means that you both send lots of snaps to a certain person. Smirking face (AKA suggestive, flirting or sexual face emoji): Someone who sends you a lot of snaps, but that you don’t send a lot of snaps back to.
Smiling face (a normal smile with rosy cheeks): A best friend, but not your number one best friend. Fire (AKA flame emoji or hot emoji): This shows that you have begun a “snapstreak”, by sending this person snaps on consecutive days. If this shows, Snapchat will tell you how many days you’ve kept up the streak.
Slang translation: lol; lmao / Old-fashioned words: laughing out loud; laughing my ass off; I say, that’s rather funny Slang translation: beautifull; gawgeous; hotttt / Old-fashioned words:beautiful; gorgeous; jolly attractive Slang translation: xoxo; xoxoxox / Old-fashioned words: hugs and kisses; hugs and kisses (in slightly greater quantity) Slang translation: GJ; job; haha / Old-fashioned words: good job; good job; well done, that was rather funny Slang translation: oml; ughh; ughhh / Old-fashioned words: Oh my Lord; oh damn; oh damn and blast Slang translation: ffs; grr / Old-fashioned words: for fuck’s sake; I’m furious (in fact I’m so furious, I’m growling) Slang translation: cmeo; crbt; waa / Old-fashioned words: crying my eyes out; crying real big tears; I’m so very unhappy that I’m wailing Slang translation: zzz; btd; gnstdltbbb / Old-fashioned words: I am sleepy; I’m bored to death; good night, sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite : What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
What does wyoa mean in texting?
Discover videos related to wyoa meaning on TikTok. – Wyoa means what you on about Btw wyo!?🤷🏾♂️ #fypシ #fyp #vibes #foryoupage Dat bih got multiple meanings😂 #fyp #viral #jitsowixked #BeTheReasonVisa #HuluChippendalesDance wyoa im literally a younger u 😭 #secretaccount #foryoupage #manchester #greenscreen #fyp #viral #trending WHY NOT TREAT YA HOME GIRL RIGHT IF YOU AINT GONNA ACT RIGHT?? 😭😭😭 Like u mean wyd? Or whats up? Idkkk 😭 “Boy WTF you want!?” 🤔 Get to the point loser!!!! real#fyp #uk #london #viral #abcxyz #pufferjacket #foryou cuz idk?? #fypシ #real #viral #glorilla #xyzbca How I honestly feel at times #greenscreenvideo #trend #greenscreen cause wtf is wyo #urbandictionary #genz #slang #blowitup #foryoupge #foryouu #stopbeingweird Real🤣 #fyp #foryou #girls #fake #trending Our weather may be as fickle as anything, but we would never leave.
What does ONM mean in txt?
1. What does onb mean? Onb is a messaging abbreviation for “on, bro” that people use to emphasize the truth of a statement or claim (think “on my life, bro”). For example, if your friend doubts your text about seeing Rhianna at a party, you might respond with, “It was her, onb! I’ll send you a pic of the back of her head.” It is unclear who came up with the phrase “on, bro” and subsequent abbreviation, but it gained popularity in the late-2010s.
What does OML mean on TXT?
What Does ‘OML’ Mean? | Acronyms by Dictionary.com OML is an acronym in texting that means oh my Lord, and it’s also a social-media hashtag for the Linkin Park song, “One More Light.” Related words: “Chester was uniquely passionate, uncommonly generous, sensitive, optimistic, funny, and kind.” December 15 release date for #OML live album. me.me This is not meant to be a formal definition of OML like most terms we define on Dictionary.com, but is rather an informal word summary that hopefully touches upon the key aspects of the meaning and usage of OML that will help our users expand their word mastery. : What Does ‘OML’ Mean? | Acronyms by Dictionary.com